Educational & Employment Opportunities
The Biomedical Research Institute (BRI) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit research company committed to improving global health through a variety of research and service activities. The Biorepository at BRI has supported universities, hospitals and scientists around the world with low-temperature storage for clinical specimens for over 40 years.
BRI is seeking a Biobank Manager who will build upon the success of the Biorepository by leading, managing, and expanding our Biorepository services. The candidate will provide expertise in the sample life cycle through transport, receiving, storage and subsequent retrieval for analysis. The ideal candidate has prior experience in Biobank services and Biorepository operations. This position will report directly to the Executive Management team.
- Lead the development and growth of Biobank services through engagement strategies and conduct presentations highlighting BRI’s services to prospective clients
- Generate price quotes and proposals and maintain communication with prospect clients and teaming partners
- Maintain existing clients and contracts and generate renewal quotes
- Lead RFP/contract proposal submissions
- Perform day-today-transporting, receiving, storing, and handling specialized biological samples and materials for Biobank unit
- Assist in maintaining BRI’s Quality Management System based on regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Assist with laboratory audits and certifications
- Forecast upcoming resource needs in the Biobank and develop plans to bring those resources in-house
- Develop systems to manage long-term sample storage, retrieval, and audit procedures
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures and make recommendations critical to maximizing efficiency and productivity for the Biobank unit
- Attend Biorepository conferences and related networking events
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business with 3-5 years of relevant experience in Biobank/Biorepository services or related experience with government, hospital, academic and private sector
- Knowledge of best practices in Biobanking operations and data standards
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively navigate a matrix organizational structure and have the ability to build collaborative working relationships with diverse groups including executive management team, physicians, scientists, clinical and research support staff, study sponsor, and laboratory staff.
- Capable of independent, self-motivated work and a willingness to take initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be very diligent and extremely organized with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple competing priorities
- Proven record in leadership role & achieving revenue and profit goals
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
BRI’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. BRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com