Open Position: Laboratory Technician
Location: 9410 Key West Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850
The Biomedical Research Institute (BRI) in Rockville, MD is a not-for-profit research institute, with a major emphasis on schistosomiasis reagents distribution and ultra-low temperature specimen storage. BRI stores more than six million biospecimens in support of many government and private contracts. We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to work in our Biorepository department.
Team-oriented technical assistance and administrative duties in support of receiving and shipping biospecimens for various clinical studies under U.S. government contracts, hospitals and/or universities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, record, inspect and inventory biological samples for BRI’s cold storage facility
- Select, pack and prepare shipments of biological samples to study sites
- Perform all duties per approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Complete all documentation correctly and legibly
- Conduct all duties in accordance with BRI safety policies
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits
- Enter and update data in inventory control systems
- Must be able to receive passing scores on necessary regulatory training
May cross train with other groups as required by workloads
MINIMUM / PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Education: BS in Science preferred
- Experience: 0-2 years in laboratory environment, preferable a GLP, GMP or regulated facility
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Skilled in MS Office Suite
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
In addition to a competitive salary, BRI offers a highly competitive benefits package.
This position is full time. Qualified candidates should provide a resume and the contact information for three references to: email@example.com
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
BRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance.